Sunday, February 3, 2008

Carolina Gonzalez


finished a B.A. Music from BSU Spring 2004. I will finish a Master's of Music Ed from The University of New Mexico in Fall of 2009.

I am a professional Mariachi violinist, and singer. I am currently performing with Mariachi Nuevo Mexico in Albuquerque. We have a few cds, which are very good. I am working on a solo album project that will most likely be released this summer.

I have a NM teaching license for k through 12th grade music. I'm having too much fun being a professional Mariachi, so I don't have a full-time teaching position. I am a half-time Mariachi violin teacher at a dual language title 1 elementary. I am also a clinician for area orchestra festivals. My master's thesis is based on topics in Mariachi Education.

I currently live in Albuquerque's South Valley, aka "little Juarez" with my dog Cuba and I love it. I miss Idaho every day!!! You can't get any decent potatoes down here in the desert.

2 comments:

Brian Muir said...

Hey Carol!
I am so happy that you have pursued music as a career. You were always so great.
Take Care,
Brian Muir

Melinda in Alaska said...

Carol! Great to see you are doing something you enjoy!!! Do your folks still live in Burley? Hope to see you this summer @ the reunion~