Friday, March 7, 2008

Kasey Adams


I went to Utah State for a semester before taking a break for a year. I ended up transferring to Idaho State University where I received a BA in Secondary Education--English in December 2004. I met my husband, Clint Heward, in 2002, and we were married in May 2003. We live in "downtown" Declo, Idaho where I teach ninth and eleventh grade English and coach JV volleyball. I love my job--I love working with the kids and being so involved in what they do--sports, drama, dances--it is a worthwhile job. I hear I'm a bit of a drill sergeant, but what do they expect when I look like a student myself? This is my third year teaching, but only my second year at Declo. My first teaching job was for sixth grade language arts and math. Yikes--I was terrified. During the summers I work for the BLM fighting wildland fires. This will be my sixth and hopefully last summer doing this job. Of course, I've said that every summer for the past five years. This job does help me stay in shape--I run everyday rain, shine, or holidays. No kids just yet, but we are proud parents of three dogs and a cat. Reading other classmates' blogs I think, "man, I didn't get very far away from Burley." but it is nice living close to both our families--and let's face it--I do enjoy this area. I stay busy with school, and my summers are shot with the fire season, but when I can I do spend time in mountains with family and having get togethers with our friends. Where did the years go? Can't believe it's been nearly ten years.

2 comments:

Richie said...

It's great to hear from you too! It's so fun to catch up on what everyone's been doing.

The Jones Family said...

Hey Kasey...still doing the BLM. What a women! Every time we go through Declo I say...I think that one is yours on the corner? I would love to work with kids and sports in the school, way too cool!
Have a great summer and be careful! That school needs a drill sargent :) Ainslie Jones